Master of Architecture,Year 1.
University of Strathclyde,UK.
The idea of a small scale industry has been inspired from my Indian roots where it helps provide for the working class families and also provide for people who cant afford education with a specific skill set to excel in the field, gain employment and provide for their family and kids. these industries maybe formed by a lot of various different sectors such as clothing, cane work, pottery. This helps keep the local production intact which means that the employment of a particular sector remains in that sector and the people do not have to travel a distance. The local production also helps reduces the transportation cost as it can be produced and then sold . this makes the cost to import raw material and good from outside less.
The site :
1) The river side site is a unique in opportunity and history
2) The river side is one of the derelict and vacant sites in Govan but it is the jewel in the crown.
3) It is fundamental to any successful local planning and economic development strategy. within broadly agreed regeneration aims, there are still different ways to develop the site.
Existing and potential use of site:
1) Development of the existing regular Saturday market activity.
2) Important informal public space and occasional public events.
3) A space for enjoying and celebrating cultural heritage.
4) Interlinking fast link stooping point.
5) Historical and present crossing point to and from Govan site to river side museum.
6) Giving prominence to the site will help attract more tourists in Govan thus doing justice to the heritage sites in Govan.
The cocoons that are ready to be harvested from the tree and bought for further stage
Twig frames are prepared for the cocoons
In stage the cocoons are then weighed and boiled which helps to kill the moth inside
The cocoons are soaked and the silk is wound on spools this process helps separate the strands which are then drawn into threads.
The woven using a loom into any desired product
Cool roof -reflects heat -reduces heat island effect Vegetated roof -provides unique educational and Recreational space -insulates better than typical roof Reduces rainwater runoff
-low energy fixtures
-day light sensing dimmers
Overhangs and inset windows
-creates favourable microclimates
-reflects light into the workshop spaces
-reduces summer heat gain
-reflects winter sun inside
North facing windows
-reduces heat gain
-brings in natural light operable windows
-direct views to outside
-reduces electrical lighting needs in all workspace